The Ranchers Stewardship Alliance (RSA) strives to feed the world, preserve our prairie neighborhood, and nurture the next generation. We believe this is conservation done right.
The Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We are headquartered in north-central Montana. Our rancher-led conservation organization works to continually strengthen our rural community, economy and culture. We do this through wise stewardship of the prairies that are the foundation of our way of life. Our multi-generational ranch families run livestock operations across a million acres of intermingled private, public and tribal lands.
Ranching, Conservation, Communities - a Winning Team!
The mission of the Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is to promote the ecological, social and economic conditions that will sustain the biodiversity and integrity of America’s northern mixed-grass prairie for present and future generations.
- Agroecologist, systems thinker, author and educator Nicole Masters will focus on soil health principles to increase ranch profitability, drought resilience and biodiversity.
- Tue., June 28 & 29 – Winnett | Sat., July 10 – Malta | Mon., July 12 – Glasgow | Wed., July 14 – Circle
- Registration is now open for all locations!
In 2003, about 30 ranching families in northern Montana came together to resolve problems they faced. Since then, the group – the Ranchers Stewardship Alliance (RSA) – has improved communication and relationships with government agencies and conservation groups while protecting ranching traditions.
Ranchers Stewardship Alliance Annual Report 2019
- Internationally recognized agroecologist, author and teacher Nicole Masters will facilitate five in-person soil health workshops across North-Central Montana this summer. “In the midst of a drought, we’re all…
- Montana rancher shares lessons learned with virtual cow collar technology in free May 18 webinar. By Laura Nelson, Ranchers Stewardship Alliance He never thought he’d see it in…