Helping to improve the public’s understanding of native prairie lands
The Ranchers Stewardship Alliance (RSA) strives to feed the world, preserve our prairie neighborhood, and nurture the next generation. We believe this is conservation done right.
The Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We are headquartered in north-central Montana. Our rancher-led conservation organization works to continually strengthen our rural community, economy and culture. We do this through wise stewardship of the prairies that are the foundation of our way of life. Our multi-generational ranch families run livestock operations across a million acres of intermingled private, public and tribal lands.
Ranching, Conservation, Communities - a Winning Team!
The mission of the Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is to promote the ecological, social and economic conditions that will sustain the biodiversity and integrity of America’s northern mixed-grass prairie for present and future generations.
- Sponsored Phillips County Proud - a community celebration of our heritage, community, and ranching.
- Sponsored workshops on estate planning, grassland monitoring, and low stress livestock handling.
- Hosted a tour in conjunction with National Cattleman's Beef Association and World Wildlife Fund on "Innovating for More Sustainable Beef."
- Partnered with other agencies and organizations to create the first Weed Prevention Area (WPA) in the United States.
In 2003, about 30 ranching families in northern Montana came together to resolve problems they faced. Since then, the group – the Ranchers Stewardship Alliance (RSA) – has improved communication and relationships with government agencies and conservation groups while protecting ranching traditions.
- Who said animals are not smart? This bull was tired of waiting for me to cut the ice in the reservoir waterhole. He created his own drinking spot…
- Hello & Merry Christmas! My name is Conni French – part of the French family Taylor has talked about – and oddly enough, I am writing this…