Ranchers Stewardship Alliance
Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is a fast-growing, rancher-led organization based in Malta, Montana. We exist to help multi-generational and beginning ranchers build the collaborative, trusting relationships and community-based solutions we need to create healthy working landscapes and vibrant rural communities.
Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is an organization nationally recognized for its leadership in building partnerships that provide education and implement stewardship practices and principles supporting vibrant communities, multi-generation family ranches and healthy ecosystems. Our mission statement is Ranching, Conservation, Communities – a Winning Team!
Ranchers Stewardship Alliance is seeking an Executive Assistant to contribute to our mission and to be a member of this winning team.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Self-starting; a logical worker who can see needs and work independently.
- Tech-savvy; a problem-solver who can help make webinars function seamlessly, who thinks tracking data and spreadsheets is fun, and who can integrate new software that helps the whole team be more successful.
- Detail-oriented; a focused task-master who makes sure every mission is checked off the list,
- Team-focused; a helper who ensures other team members, customers and partners have the information and resources they need to be successful.
- A flexible workplace; this position be based Malta, Montana, office the majority of the time. We offer flexible remote work when on occasion, when needed.
- A winning team; we’re a small team, but we’re growing quickly and opportunities continue to abound. If you care about ranching, these prairie landscapes and our rural communities, you’ll be a part of meaningful work that makes a positive impact on all three.
- Room to grow; we value learning, wise growth and getting better every day. We bring in educational speakers and workshops for our ranching community and work to invest in our own professional skills so we can continue to serve.
- Ideally, we envision this position is 20 hours a week with a starting wage of $18/hr.
- Each employee serves a 3–6-month probationary period to determine if we fit together
- Because we work largely with volunteers and in events, some evenings, early mornings, and weekends are required. We’re flexible with your work hours because we’re flexible to our work needs!
DETAILED JOB DUTIES FOR OPERATIONS MANAGER:
- The main go-to person and support staff for the Conservation Coordinator, Finance & Grant Administrator, and the Communications & Outreach Leader
- Your duties as support staff may vary widely with an opportunity to learn many new skills and functions of our organization
- Mail, mailings, preparing bank deposits,
- Answer phone, relay messages, and maintain local office communication.
- Email inbox management and exodus
- Filing, scanning, & organizing systems; updating filing systems and scanning with naming protocol
- Contribute to the organization and coordination of community events and functions (PC Proud, educational workshops, tours, etc.) by leading logistics, including entertainment, location, equipment, educational materials, programs, door prizes, food, etc.
- Creating agendas, notes, and reports, setting up zooms, keeping schedules, moving work forward for committee
- Notify RSA board, committees, members, partners and the community of monthly meetings and committee meetings
- Organize and edit all incoming information for all RSA meetings. Assist the Project Leader in organizing meetings and developing agendas for monthly RSA meetings.
- Set up Zoom meeting links & reserve conference room for meetings, compile and print meeting packets for meetings; record, distribute and file RSA monthly meeting minutes.
Charity Proud software and database management
- Self-teaching opportunity! Learn the Charity Proud Customer Relationship Management software to handle customer/partner database management.
- Manage RSA calendar, grant deadlines, physical mailing and electronic mailing list
- Maintain record of director's terms of office and election dates, and track attendance at meetings.
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters
- Scan documents, establish and maintain an organized filing system.
- Transition electronic files to new online filing system, lead planning on naming system
- Manage office software systems, passwords, electronic inventory, etc.,
Applications will be collected until a suitable candidate is found.